CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

There's a Bit of Blonde in all of Us


I went to the beauty school today and got some blonde highlights that I totally love. Now that I'm back to blonde, it has been a day full of "bumb blonde" moments, which just goes to prove that there is a little bit of blonde in all of us.

1st moment: We drove past a car dealership and stoped by with Ashley to look at the Sion xB. As we were trying to leave the dealership, Ash started driving up a ramp that had 2 big signs saying "wrong way" and she did not even notice until we were half way up and Lesley commented from the back seat, "oops... wrong way, wrong way, Oh my- it's WRONG WAY!" Ash backed her car down the road and we were fine; no illegal action actually took place.



2nd moment: We drove past a strip mall which contained an eye care center. This center had a sign saying, "60 minute eyewear" and Lesley then proceeded to make the comment, "Why would anyone only want to wear glasses for 60 minutes." Ashley and I had to ask her if she was serious as our jaws dropped to the floor.



3rd moment: Lesley, Ash, and myself were swapping funny stories and Lesley told one of some girls in her HFL class and I could not get the joke for at least 2 minutes. Ashley and Lesley had to systematically pick apart the joke before I could even pretend to get it. Even now, I still really don't get it.



How sad is this? We all have our moments and today was full-o-thems.
For brunettes and blondes and semi-redheads all over the world, good night and good luck.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! Alli can't spell! This whole post is a Dumb blonde moment!

Beach Girl said...

I am totally with you. Last night I was making inviations to a Cottage Meeting at our house for a Home Teaching Massage...oops...I mean, Message. Spelling has never been a stong point in my life. I am just glad that I fixed the spelling error before sending out the inviations! Whew...that would have set up some stange expectations for a home teaching massage!!!!!!!!!!!

Beach Girl said...

By the way Alli, cute hair!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you have me to spell check your important things! Ha Ha! I love you guys! At least I have one skill that you can use!

Anonymous said...

We are all so blessed by your skills Tabchoirfam. I love you too beach gril--oh I mean girl.

art history alli said...

"bumb" and "massage" eh? My blog just keeps getting better and better.

art history alli said...

oh, and thanks for the comment about my hair. I don't think that picture is very good, but I look better today. I didn't really like the way the girl styled it. It had body in really strange places, like behind my ears. I feel so much better with out all that root booster she put in it. I love my family! Hey- are you all going to the Eagle Condor dinner on friday? Are you getting babysiters? Plus, I loved the e-mail fyi. It was so fun! Like I did not know that our angel-like Andrea ever toilet papered a house, and got caught no less! I was laughing my head off in the library when I read it! Can't wait to see you all soon- and thanks for reading my blog.

art history alli said...

sometimes you just get in a laughing fit and it really isn't that funny, but you can't stop laughing even if you wanted and you start to cry and your belly hurts and it gets to the point where you can't even remember what it is that you started laughing about. wheew- that was a really long, long, long run-on sentence and I typed it while holding my breath. If you can't tell- I am really bored, and when I'm bored, I blog.

Anonymous said...

Please get the food out of your teeth... It is making me sick... what on earth were you eatting? jk

art history alli said...

What do you mean by "food in our teeth" other than the fact that we are indeed doing our "check the teeth for food" smile?

art history alli said...

...costa vida salad.

art history alli said...

Why does everything always fall apart just when you think everything is going well and that you can handle it?

art history alli said...

I just changed my thesis topic- I month into it. I just found out that the petition that I made in September was never filed and now I am deficent 3 credits for graduation as my modern class from study abroad has been canceled out from my transcript by the modern class I took last semester. I am currently working on a new petition and will file it myself, just to make sure that it is submitted. Plus, it is Valentines day and I still haven't showered and it's 2 in the afternoon and all I've eaten today is chocolate and I'm still not happy from it. I just need to bury myself in the library and work on my thesis, my oriental midterm, this petition, my roman annotated bibilography and thesis statement, my slide list for my oral thesis presentation that is 1 month away, and a boy from my old ward is flirting at the table next to me which is making my sick as he hasn't even acknowledge my existance even though we were friends. YUCKY!!!!! Hope that everyone else is having a better day than I am- I mean it- I hope that you all are happy and having a lovey-dovey day. xoxox- Alli

Tasharoo said...

Don't be surprised if you start seeing that "60 Minute Eyewear" in the Dumb Blonde Joke E-mails we all receive!

Brunettes can't blame stupidity on hair color... we just think we are completely losin' it!

Keep the blonde ALAP (As long as possible!)... don't we love hairdressers? I'm lucky enough to have a sis who always takes care of my hair & hair product accessories!

It was fun hangin' with ya'll at the cabin! Thanks for invitin' a lil' Beach influence!

art history alli said...

I hear that meadowmoor is sestpool of germs. I hope that you all get feeling better ASAP, and we'll have to stay away for a while, unless I get to borrow Steve's hasmat suit. I can just see it now... it's would be like the bubble boy but in reverse!

art history alli said...

The cabin was great today! It honestly was the best sledding ever and wish that you all sickies could have come too. The shopping was so not good at all; I didn't even buy any thing. But it was super nice to see Haley and Steve and Ashley. I can't wait for next weekend to come, then we can all celebrate Haley's birthday!!!!! Love you all tons-oxoxo