CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Peonies and Snow Cones: It must be June


The peonies are finally starting to bloom- Yay!!! Only the bushes along the side of the house actually have flowers, but the ones in the garden are thisclose to getting big buds :)

The Snoasis opened this past weekend and I finally was able to go last night. I got butterbeer of course :) Valie, Ashley and I rode in the back of Cameron and Vickie's convertible and had a great time. The line was long of course, but the girls waited as patiently as possible. They are so cute together!



Now to a completely different topic. We moved into Andrea's house a month ago and now I'm finally getting around to posting pictures. These photos were taken on my phone so they are not the best quality and we aren't totally finished yet, but I wanted to share with you how beautiful the slipcovers are that our wonderful and talented mother made for us. I LOVE them!!! I love living in this house and the spirit that lives here. It is peaceful and welcoming; I actually want to stay here, which is something I have not had in a long time in the places I have lived recently (ie: the nightmare that was/is PROVO). It's so nice to be happy again.



Better photos are to follow and I totally just realized that Lesley's blanket is lying on the couch (oops!) We still haven't cleaned the windows yet; there are two tiny handprints of Evan and Jack and I kind of don't want them to go away- can't they be an homage to the boys?! LOL

4 comments:

Margaret said...

More pictures please!!! Your place looks so great. Don't you just love living in your own house, it's the best. I miss snow cones. They don't have a single shack here in Washington, it just doesn't get warm enough. It's June and we're still heating our house, now that is crazy!

tabchoirfam said...

I love it! It looks of course different but so darling! It seems peaceful and lovely - just like what you need and want. Good job!

Anonymous said...

So fun!!
-Lesley

Beach Girl said...

Meg, it is June in UTAH and we are still heating our house too. I hate to admit it, but Aaron has a space heater in his room, and I turn it on every night! Where is Summer???

On another note, Love the picutres. The house looks darling. I was almost afraid to go over there, not knowing how it would feel without it being "Andrea & Dave's" house. It has the same loving spirit. I loved the flowers, thanks Lesley for sharing them with us (she brought over a boquet of them to us this week).