CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday Seething (part 41 of a 444 part series)

Seriously- How dumb do you have to be to NOT know that George Washington was the first president of the United States of America?
A middle-aged woman was in the gallery with her young grandson and she was talking to him about the art. When they saw "Prayer at Valley Forge" by Arnold Friberg, she at first told him the picture was of Captain Moroni, but quickly realized her error and said "Oh, that's George Washington.... (pause for thinking) one of our presidents." Really?!!! She couldn't remember that he was our 1st president?!! It's un-American to not know who our first president was.

On a side note- I understand it must be hard to have a kid throw a tantrum when you're in a store, but I am SO sick of hearing toddlers scream and watching them throw themselves on the floor. I have seen 7 temper tantrums today alone over at Mormon Handicraft. One was by a 7 year old- I thought they were too old to pull that stunt.

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

alli said...

I know he was 7 b/c his mother kept saying "You're turning 8 this year and you will be getting baptized- do baptized boys act like this?!"
I do have to give the mom props for using logic to calm her son's tantrum.

tabchoirfam said...

You have been away from my young kids too long! Tantrums are horrible and embarrassing but it is not a reflection on the parent, necessarily. It is is a result of having young children in a boring store.