CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

4 Weeks Post-Op

It has been 4 weeks since my surgery. I am still in a lot of pain but each day gets a little better. 
I was finally able to wear jeans for the first time yesterday. I missed my elastic band pants. The waistband of the jeans got caught on my steri-strips in my belly button and actually pulled them off when I went the restroom. OUCH!! It was like ripping off a bandaid times 10. 
I still take the max allowed 200 mg ibuprofen tablet each day. I have a hard time bending over, and I cannot lift heavy things. 
This has been a challenge in so many ways but even more so now we are renovating our house. I feel useless so I just sweep, vacuum, and take pictures. I tried to help move the formica counter tops and that was a really bad idea. It is really hard not to over do it.  
My family keeps telling me, "it's okay, pace yourself" but I feel like a lazy bum while they are all sweating and working hard. 
I know this surgery was the best thing for my health in the long-run but I am so tired of being in pain all. the. time.  The outside is healing, I just need to be patient with my inside healing. 

0 comments: