CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 05, 2012

Saturday Seething (part 44 of a 444 part series)

The Post Vacation Hangover

Hello all my readers (all 5 of you- j/k!!), I've missed you!!!
After spending the past 4 months looking forward to the Best. Trip. Ever. I'm kind of mourning the loss of anticipation. I call it the Post Vacation Hangover, much like the baby blues post pregnancy.* You spend months looking forward to the Big Event and once it's over you feel a little sadness enter your life. I am now currently thinking about my next adventure: where do I want to go? what do I want to do? I'm thinking another Disney Cruise but cannot decided between Alaska or Bahamas (with a stop at Castaway Cay). Or I might hold off a cruise for my 30th birthday.
Another part of the Post Vacation Hangover is pure exhaustion and a little bit of sickness. We were on a cruise where all we really did was play games, lay by the pool, and eat, and yet I arrived home super duper tired and still feel like I haven't caught up yet. I know what your probably thinking b/c I'm thinking it too, (in a mock sympathy voice) " Oh poor you, you had a magical cruise on the Disney Wonder to Mexico and now you're tired. Boo Hoo for you!" That's OK, I deserve the mockery :) LOL
I have determined that they only bad part of a vacation (Disney Cruise in particular) is when it is over. I feel like Captain Jack Sparrow in Curse of the Black Pearl when he says, "but why is the rum gone?!"

* It is really nothing like the baby blues b/c I really have no personal reference point.

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. I love you. This made me laugh. I hate the post vacation hangover, I always feel like I need another vacation after coming home from vacation. Then that would probably turn into one long never ending vacation. . .

Margaret said...

never ending vacation...sounds amazing. i hate coming home from vacations too. i actually get super sad the day before it's time to go home that i spend most of the day being crabby because it's all coming to an end. the airplane ride home is just depressing.