CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 28, 2016

TDaP

After 16 and a half years, I finally got my tetanus vaccine. That makes for 2 shots since October 2015. What is happening to me?! Am I not as terrified of needles as I thought it is my maturity outweighing my fears?
The last time I had a tetanus shot was May 1999 before we went to Peru for the first time. We were at the Stake Center going through trip orientation and a nurse came in to administer the injections. I was in the back row having a full on tantrum where I was yelling, screaming, kicking my arms and legs. My mother had to sit on top of me while my 3 sisters held down my arms and legs. It was awful.
This time, I went to the pharmacy with Lesley and my brother administered the injection. It wasn't bad but burned more than the flu shot he gave me in October. I did need Lesley to hold my hand as I would've preferred to run away.
I got the shot about 5 hours ago and my arm is really staring to be sore and tender. Just texting in bed is making my arm hurt. We shall see what the next few days bring.
See ya in 10 years, TDaP!!

Ps: TDaP is the name of the tetanus vaccine and it also includes other vaccines like Whooping Cough AKA Pertussis. Hooray for immunity!!

Sent from my iPhone

0 comments: