CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Dejeuner Sur L'Herb?!

So after work on Wednesday, I went over to my sister Haley's house and found this...

They were having a picnic in the family room eating cookies and yougurt (and by eating I mean laying out on the blanket since neither of them actually eat).  As I joined them on the floor, I had a huge revelation: Aaron is dressed and Ashley is in her panties.  Right as I thought that, they totally posed like the foreground grouping in Manet's (in)famous painting Luncheon on the Grass.  



I was laughing SO hard!!!!! It was a such a great unconscious interpretation of that work especially in the expression on the woman's face since it was almost the same as Ashley's- the unabashed nakedness which is manefested in a way that takes out the scandal... like saying "So What?!" 
Ashley loves to be naked and when I came in the house that afternoon I said, "Ashley, you're naked!" and she enthusiastically responded, "Yeah!"  She loves it and I LOVE being her aunt!

I thought it as a very hilarious situation and I know the photo is not the best as I took it on my phone (I didn't want the kids to know I was taking their photo).  I may be the only one who thinks this is funny, but its my blog and this is why I have it.   

6 comments:

M said...

Ha! This is hilarious! Even Aaron's crossed legs fits with the lounging men in Manet's painting.

Beach Girl said...

Well, as embarrassing as that picture is...it is reality at my house. Ashley naked (at least she had panties on in the pic) and Ashley and Aaron pretending to eat. Yes, it is true; they do not eat except the occasional chocolate candy and chocolate milk. What a comparison to the painting. You have a unique artistic perspective. I love that about you! (Ashley might not appreciate the picture on the World Wide Web of her in panties when she is older....) Loves.

alli said...

Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one :)

Anonymous said...

That's funny--so cute.

tabchoirfam said...

I think it is a brilliant comparison. I can tell you are still in mind-heightened intelligent student mode. A mother with fried brains wouldn't have made that connection!

Beach Girl said...

Amen sister! All I see in that picture is a big mess and wasted expensive yogurt.