CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Saturday Seething (part 6 of a 444 part series)

Holiday Edition:

It’s only the 6th day of November and yet Christmas is almost in full swing here at the Gallery.

I received my Christmas Tree, Wreath, and Garland on Tuesday’s delivery (but they didn’t send up any decorations or extension cords so it’s a good thing I tried to undecorated as little as possible last January with the garland and wreath.)

 

I have not made the full jump to Christmas music yet, only 1 CD so far of carols mixed in with my regular music.  But come Monday morning, it will be totally reversed with only 1 non-Christmas CD in the player. Plus, as I was driving home yesterday FM 100 was already playing ALL Christmas music.

 

The following is a text message conversation I had with K earlier this week:

Me- Is it bad I’m already sick of Christmas music?

K- Nope, that music gets old (and annoying) quickly.

Me- Too bad I still have 2 months to listen L

K- L Well I guess the only thing left to do is start making up your own lyrics to the music and they can be as cynical as needed J

Me- I’m already singing, “It’s the worst wonderful time of the year”!!! LOL

K- LOL- that’s awesome

Me- Surprisingly it does bring a smile to my face J

K- See keep it up and you’ll be all smiles during the holiday season

 

Can you all tell why I have the greatest BFF in the entire world?!!

 

Well after that conversation, I have decided to be positive about the Holidays (Fake it ‘till I Make it). I am going to embrace all the cheer and the nostalgic music- I am definitely making new CDs of my own holiday music because I don’t think I can make it much further with Gladys Knight and MoTab and Peter Brineholt Christmas CDs.  I want to hear Wham! “Last Christmas” and lots of Mr. Bing Crosby (he will blend so well with my Frank Sinatra and Fred Astair CDs!!). I might even throw in some Mariah Carey “All I want for Christmas” and Andy Williams.

Along with Faking It- I bought a Christmas charm necklace at a Boutique my cousin Amy was a part of. I plan on wearing it almost every day to remind myself to be cheerful and happy about the CRAZY Holiday season.

 

I have never been a huge Christmas fan- it was always so stressful because of finals and such. Then last year, I worked 12 hours days Monday through Saturday the entire month of December then 3 days before Christmas I got Strep Throat and the Flu (double whammy) and I honestly have little recollection of Christmas other than wearing an itchy mask and lying on the couch at the cabin with my Snuggie from K.

But this year will be different- I am working 9-5 Monday through Friday mostly with a few Saturdays thrown in. I for sure have Christmas Eve off and the 2 days after Christmas- YAY!!!!!!

See… Faking it until I Make It is a genius plan and I’m already feeling better about the holidays, even working in retail.

 

ps: My mom’s Festival of Trees tree is going to amazing this year!! I am SO excited about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Last Christmas I gave my germs, the very next day, you gave them away. This year to save me from antibiotics I'll give em to someone special!"

K said...

I love that you posted that conversation. I'm still trying to get used to the fact that it went from summer to snow in half a second! Now I'm supposed to get used to Christmas music BEFORE Thanksgiving--too much! :)

Anonymous said...

"Deck the halls with wraping paper, Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Till the season for Grim Riper, Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah!"

Anonymous said...

I really can't stay- Baby it's suicide