CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Wishing you a Happy Spanksgiving* and other ramblings...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

I am trying SO hard to be good on my Weight Watchers, but I fully plan on eating myself into oblivion- so much that my spanks will snap the next day at work.

 

Is that bad?

 

NO, don’t answer that!!!

 

It’s mainly the mashed potatoes and gravy that will be my down fall. Oh and pie, I can’t resist pie.

Luckily I’m not really a stuffing/dressing person, nor am I a candied yam person so I can abstain from those.

I was planning on doing a Turkey Trot (a 5K the morning of Thanksgiving) and invited my family, but the weather is going to be horrendous and below freezing so maybe now I will have to watch what I eat that day- dang it!!

 

By the way- what is the origin of the phrase “going cold turkey”?

I am wondering how cold turkey turned into meaning quitting/stopping something (usually a bad habit) all of a sudden.

Therefore- does the phrase imply that cold turkey has a negative connotation? I for one love cold turkey! It’s a satisfying snack just out of the fridge.

 

Anywho- Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!! This truly is the most wonderful time of the year and I am so very grateful for my loyal blog readers and for this very forum of self-expression. I am grateful for free speech and the right to voice our thoughts and opinions.

 

 

*if you can correctly state where I got my “Happy Spanksgiving” reference from, then you are most likely K or Lesley (or a fan of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon). LOL

 

PS: K has a new blog and you should totally check it out: www.strokedtolife.wordpress.com

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just laughed so hard I think my spanks broke ;)

Anonymous said...

I love the real house wifes of late night!
Les

Margaret said...

I'm lost...Jimmy did a spoof on spanks? I love Jimmy so let me know where I can see this spanks stuff.