CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Hope

So after my VERY long day and crying in the car for 10 minutes after I parked at my apartment complex, I came home to find my previously mostly dead orchid has bloomed. I have been trying so hard to keep this plant alive so I watered it even after the first blooms turned black, wilted, and the stem dried up and shriveled. It was about 4 months before a new stem even started to grow- and now 2 months later there are 2 blossoms with 2 more on the way. I'm not a plant killer!!!!! Yay!!!!
There is some sort of metaphor here but after my day, I'm too exhausted to figure it out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your flower is beautiful!
-Lesley

M said...

Oh Alli, I read all your posts from yesterday. It sounds like you had a really frustrating day!

I love that your flower bloomed today, though. What a pleasant and welcome surprise after such a nasty day. Your flower is gorgeous!

I hope today went better than yesterday. (I guess anything is an improvement, right?)

Anonymous said...

You're not a plant killer--yahoo!! Now if only you could pass along some of those sweet skills to me. . . .

alli said...

The trick to orchids is ice cubes- 3 ice cubes once a week will give it just the right amount of water. I have really big ice cubes so I space them out and do 1 every 2 days. My Grandma left me hers to take care of this winter and it hasn't started growing a new stem yet but the leaves are still green and healthy looking so hopefully by Spring it will have new blossoms for Grandma to enjoy!!