CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 04, 2010

Saturday Seething (part 8 of a 444 part series)

Today's lesson, kids, is waiting patiently in lines.

Apparently this is a very, extremely difficult concept for people to grasp.
This was no more evidenced than on our cruise (reference back to my post on Florence). Now during the holiday shopping season, it seems that manners and patience are completely forgotten by the young and the old. This is supposedly the most wonderful time of the year when people are charitable and loving and yet we can treat each other SO horribly at the stores/mall (usually while waiting in long lines).
Furthermore, why do people cut in line or even worse, think the line doesn't apply to them? Do they think we are all just standing in a relatively strait path as a performance art piece? If we were all patient and courteous to others, then we wouldn't have angry mobs at stores.

On that note- Happy Christmas!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

LeGrand said...

On a recent plane trip, I heard a lady ask the guy next to her as we were waiting to get off the plane, "when you were a kid, did you think you'd spend so much time waiting in lines? I know I didn't say I'm gonna grow up and wait in lines." While I am one of the least patient people on earth, that lady is on my list of dumbest people I've been around.

Anonymous said...

Oh it's a line an not a performance art piece?! Oh dear, I've been so mistaken all of these years.