CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 03, 2012

Downton Abbey, Series 3

Downton Abbey’s third season will start airing soon in the UK but we still have to wait until January 2013 for it to air here in the States.

I once again, will try to remain spoiler free (like I tried last year) but I just can’t help my curiosity sometimes *coughcough- most of the time*

With our increasingly global society, I can’t understand why they delay broadcasting by 4 months. BBC used to delay the broadcasting of popular shows like Doctor Who but now they air at the same time in the UK and USA.

 

Oh well…

 

From the series image, you can see that the Crawley family is back to its pre-war elegance. It will be interesting to see the fall out of Mathew and Mary’s engagement, how Sybil and her husband Tom fit in the family dynamic, and the banter between Cora’s mother and the Dowager Countess.

I really hope Julian Fellows stops playing with us in the will they/won’t they between Mathew and Mary (they ended the Christmas Special with him proposing and she actually saying “yes” with a super romantic kiss and happy elated giggles). They have had their share of drama and deserve to be happy for a while. One aspect of drama I am really looking forward to is Sybil and Tom, who used to be the family chauffer. I also feel it is middle sister Edith’s turn for some juicy storyline. Edith had some tragic and sometimes icky storylines last season (like when she kissed the local married farmer- gross!!!!) and I would love for her to re-kindle her relationship with Sir Anthony Strallen from Series 1, but he was injured during the war as we saw when he reappeared in the Christmas episode and doesn’t seem interested in being in society any more.

 

Oh I just can’t wait to see where the 1920s takes the Crawley family!!!   

 

0 comments: