CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 13, 2009

New Job

I have a new job!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is a dream job for me- I'll be a manager of an art gallery here in Salt Lake.  
It's the Repartee Gallery in Fort Union located inside Deseret Book (next door to the LDS Distribution Center).  I start July 27th and the first week is just learning how to frame. 
The gallery specializes in religious LDS art done by local LDS artists.  The two main hitters are Liz Lemon Swindle and James Christensen.

Liz Lemon Swindle, She Shall Bring Forth a Son

James Christensen, A Place of Her Own

The gallery also does a lot of custom framing; the company actually started as a framing shop down in Utah County 31 years ago.  Now there are galleries in Downtown SLC, Bountiful, Orem, and Fort Union.  

I am so excited!!! (and extremely nervous- I have big shoes to fill).  
  

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting, I'm glad things worked out.

M said...

Hey, Alli, that is SO awesome! I'm really excited for you! I love when people get jobs within their field of study!

Leslie said...

You will do just great Alli! That sounds like an awesome job. I have always loved James Christensen's work--it's fascinating. Enjoy the job!

B&K said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Jenny said...

Congrats!!! It will be rewarding to have a job you LOVE!!! and one in your field of study... good luck :)