CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 28, 2011

ROYAL WEDDING - 1981

I am SO excited for the royal wedding tomorrow!!!!
I wasn't alive in '81 but I remember my sister Andrea always talking about it when I was really little. We stayed up (or got up early) to watch Diana's funeral with Andrea in '97. I kind of wish we could watch William and Kate's wedding together for the sake of continuity :)

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQTe47cR-Ws&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I still haven't decided if I'm actually going to wake up at 3 AM to watch or sleep and watch clips on You Tube. (if only this were next Friday then I could DVR it!)
Do you have any Royal Wedding plans? I might have to make cucumber sandwiches and wear a funky headband to work so I can feel a wee bit British :)
Is there any particular commemorative wedding memorabilia you wish you could get? I'd love a tea tin or one of the commemorative plates. I did get a commemorative phone cover (yes, I'm that cool) but it is still being shipped- I'll post a picture once it arrives.

Happy Wedding W&C!!

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am stoked for the Royal Wedding--just for the sake of my own curiosity. I'm watching it tomorrow with my mom and sisters, it'll be hard not to be too girly for the occasion.

tabchoirfam said...

I wish we could have watched it together too! I had to keep the tradition going of watching important British events in the middle of the night so I got up and watched too. Lauren celebrated by wearing one of her gigantic flowers on the top of her head. Everywhere we went that day people commented on the wedding and her flower.