CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Cosby Show

I have been watching The Cosby Show on Netflix and tonight I finished watching the final episode. It's been a long journey over 8 seasons and 201 episodes. The best seasons were 2 and 6. My favorite episode is the one where Denise makes a designer knock-off shirt for Theo in season 1. The last season felt tired, like the writers had run out of gas and I really didn't like how they "broke the 4th wall" in the final moments of the final episode.
I think what makes The Cosby Show a classic series is it was always about the love parents have for their children, even when they are upset or disappointed. What is also great is the love Heathcliff and Clare had for each other and they never let anything come between them.
What also makes the show is its fashion- it's like a catalog of fashion trends circa 1984-1992!! Jumpsuits!! Fringe!! Neon!!! Funk!! It was always changing.
What rarely changed with the interior design of the house. With the exception of the new kitchen in season 8 and the change of couch in season 5, the house stayed the same. They added new artwork here and there but no dramatic differences occurred throughout the run of the series. A lot of the art was done by Honeywood and a lot of her prints were personally owned by Dr. Cosby.
I'm so glad I've had the opportunity over the past 8 months of watching the Huxtable family grow and learn.
Now onto the next goal!!
Ps: Lesley is almost done watching the entire The Dick Van Dyke Show and hopefully she will give us a report when she finishes :)

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Cosby Show. It is one of my favorite tv series. "How ugly is he?"

alli said...

"I zerbert you"