CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Yellow Roses

I am in love with this still-life by Minerva Teichert.

The original was brought to our company about a year ago by the son of the original owner.

His mother grew-up in Cokeville, WY and Minerva Teichert was her visiting teacher. When she got married, Minerva offered to paint her wedding bouquet as a gift. Can you imagine that?! At the time, Teichert was not considred the amazing artist she is today, but she had still done some brilliant work up until that point, like the Manti Temple murals.  Luckily, the original was always displayed with reverance and not placed in an attic so the painting is in practialy mint condition.

The client has given us permisson to make reproductions and I am so excited!!

It is a small giclee* canvas, 15x8 inches for a bargain price of $59.00

 

 

*meaning they use paint pigment instead of ink in the printing process.

 

7 comments:

Colleen said...

I'd like to purchase a copy. How would I go about doing that?

Colleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alli said...

Thanks for your interest Colleen. You can call me at 801-352-2569 and order the canvas or if you are in the Salt Lake City area, you can come to the Repartee Gallery Fort Union in Midvale (inside the Deseret Book at the Family Center strip mall).

Anyaustin said...

Is this giclee still available?
What an amazing painting, and story to go along with it! You can reach me at anyaustin@gmail.com.
thx, LaDawn

Cortney said...

I LOVE this! Is the phone number above still the one to reach you at? I would love to get a print.

Thanks!

alli said...

I no longer work for the same company but the phone number should still work or you can order online at www.reparteegallery.com

Damian said...

I stumbled upon this today. That woman was my Grandmother. I love Minerva. My parents were given one of her paintings for their wedding that was found in a horse barn. We love it.