CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Competition

Life is hard- competition is even harder but what is the hardest is when you are your own competition.
The me of last year is kicking the trash of the present me (work wise).
I'm competing against my numbers from last year and this time last year I was very lucky. I had that rare magic of the right piece with the right client and a very negotiable right price. That is the ultimate triumvirate of original art sales.
All I can do is my best but it is so frustrating when your very best now can't beat your very best from the past.
My gallery is having crazy 1 day sale this Saturday where if you buy any framed item, you get a second framed item (of equal or lesser value) for FREE. The only catch is you need to like us of Facebook and print off a certificate to be eligible for the sale. At this point- I'm happy to waive the bringing in of the certificate just as long as people come.
I feel like I'm planning a big party and fear that no one is going to show up.
I really hope this works and that people purchase and I can make room for products for Christmas.
I know that competition is a good thing and works as a motivator, but it is frustrating and can make people emotional. I have such passion for art and I love my job so it gets to be really hard to hold back the tears when I'm not doing well. Hopefully this sale will be a great day and something to celebrate!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only I were on Facebook. . ..