CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 19, 2011

Downton Abbey

Downton Abbey is a British television program that airs on PBS Masterpiece. The first series (season) won a bunch of Emmy’s last night: best mini-series, best director of a mini-series, best writer of a mini-series, and best supporting actress in a mini-series for Maggie Smith.

The first season starts the morning after the sinking of the Titanic and ends with England declaring war in WWI.

The second series premiered last night on ITV in the UK but we have to wait until January for it to air in the US. With our increasingly global society, I wish they would air them in both countries at the same time. I am going to try my very best to not read spoilers of the second series which will be SO hard b/c of my insane curiosity.

So to tide me over, I did find the series 2 cover image.  The first image on this post is the 1st series cover photo and the second image is series 2. You can tell by the photo that Lord Grantham, Matthew, and Thomas are in the military. You can also see that Sybil is working as a nurse. I am surprised that O’Brien is in this series- I thought she would have left Downton after what she did to Cora at the end of series 1.

Any who… I am just super excited that such a great program was recognized in a major way. January 2012 does seem like a long way away, but it will be over the holiday season so I’m sure the time will quickly fly by.

 

 

 

1 comments:

Lesley said...

I am waiting with anticipation for series 2! We can't spoil it!