CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 05, 2008

An Affair to Remember

The following is a story read at my recent Weight Watcher's meeting. To make it more personal, I substitute "cookie" with "ice cream"- enjoy!

He was only a chocolate chip cookie,
but I loved him...
I met him at a party. There he was at the end of the buffet-
a loner, the last one on the plate.
He had a certain something- a sweetness, a sensuality.
He was one hot cookie.

I felt as if I'd always known him, always hungered for him.
When he looked at me with those warm brown eyes,
I melted.
Before I knew it, I had my hands on him, my mouth on him-
In public.
After that night, we were inseparable.

With him I could be myself.
He didn't seem to care about what mood I was in,
how I looked, even if I gained weight. Together, we had
the recipe for happiness.
No one satisfied me like Chip.

Then things changed.
My friends said he was no good for me.
He started to give me heartburn.
I felt crummy but it had to end.

Now we've gone our separate ways.
I hardly think of him anymore.
Oh, if I see a certain TV commercial, a particular
magazine ad, a coupon for 10 cents off- that old longing returns.
And when we run into each other in the supermarket, we nod.

We're friendly, but it's over.

(1986 Hallmark Greeting Cards, Inc.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The same thing happened to me!!!
We were actually childhood sweethearts and we get together every once and a while :)
-Lesley

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!!! That's priceless. I love it! But I still need you to eat ice cream with me.

art history alli said...

Let's plan on it this week :)

art history alli said...

Perhaps during and/or after DWTS?!

Margaret said...

I liked that!

Bekah said...

Hahaha! Aww- the guilty pleasures of life...