CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 28, 2010

Weddings and Funerals

Weddings and funerals are one in the same in the life of a single girl.

 

Don’t get me wrong- I ADORE weddings and am truly HAPPY for my friends- it is simply that weddings usually herald in the inevitable death of our friendship.*

It is totally understandable since we no longer are in the same stage of life- they have husbands that they need to take care of and we can no longer sit at the back of our singles ward activities (or the TA office) and laugh at the prissy girls and the guys that try too hard. 

It is not that we mean to “break-up” neither do we have ill feelings towards each other, we just fizzle out.  Enduring friendships take a ton of work and when you don’t see or talk to each other all the time, you fizzle out.

That is why I love Facebook- We single girls can keep in touch with our married friends without having to make an awkward effort to have a relationship :)

I get to see pictures of their babies and tell them “congrats” on big news and they can see pictures from my travels and my totally awesome single life- It’s perfect!

To All My Friends (married and/or single): *imagine me singing:*  “Facebook, Facebook will keep us together!”

 

*The only exception to this is my BFF Kendra where we actually became better friends after she got married- it really helps that her husband is awesome and lets me steal her away constantly!!

BTW: K- We are having a Red Mango run the next time I have a meeting in AF. Okay? Good! Love, A

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that I am the exception to this because I was starting to sweat a little bit :)
Oh gee, a Red Mango run .. . --Of course!

Lesley said...

When a couple get married, two single people die.
-Leslie Knope (Parks and Recreation)