CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday Seething (part 32 of a 444 part series)

High School Never Ends

Maybe it's the YSA stage of life.
Maybe it's the same for everyone.
Maybe it's just me.

My new singles ward feels very much like I'm back in high school even though the average age in the ward is mid to late 20s. There are the popular girls, the jocks, the goths that sit in the corner, the dorky but funny guys that we all love/tolerate, and drama drama drama. Seriously, I feel like I'm in
an unfunny version of a John Hughes movie!!

Why do I care?!
I thought that I didn't!!

I bugs me how society always segments itself (some call it Cliques) into insiders and social outsiders. How do we become insiders? Why are we outsiders? Does everyone feel like an outsider?

It reminds me of Bachelor Pad last summer- the house ended up divided into groups of insiders vs. outsiders and the insiders dominated the competition. I wonder if the same thing will happen this season.

I probably should have been a sociologist- I find human nature fascinating!!

Happy Saturday!!! You're all insiders to me :)

Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

B&K said...

I completely agree. It also reminds me of study abroad. How all the girls rushed into a segment/clique/group at the very beginning. Each group played their role superbly. And then there were those that could care less about being in a group and just enjoyed the experience. I think the most silent time in my life was those months in London but I was so fascinated as I people watched and slightly annoyed by it all too:-)

alli said...

Oh Bekah- I feel the same way.
I thought we'd all be good friends and enjoy our time abroad but it sure turned out differently.
I always thought you did a great job navigating between the cliques of upstairs and downstairs dorms. You were always inclusive of everyone which is why I like you. I'll always remember our lunch in Cambridge :)

B&K said...

Aww- thanks so much. I feel the same way about you & lesley. That's why i loved spending time with you all. My favorite memory was hanging out at Kew Gardens together:-) Our study abroad group was so interesting but I'm so glad I was still able to make amazing lifelong friends:-)