CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Saturday Seething (part 48 of a 444 part series)

The Cat From Hell... is my new favorite TV show. It's on Animal Planet and it is all about nightmare cats and how they can be trained- like the Super Nanny but for cats.
It made me so grateful that I have angelic cats but also made me feel really sad for our former cats Kitty and Tigger. Kitty was super scary and after watching several episodes of the show made me feel a little guilty for not trying harder with him. He should've had a perch where he could survey his territory so he could feel in control and confident. He also could've used playtime to get out his energy (even though he was mainly an outdoor cat who climbed trees and hunted birds and mice) so he wouldn't feel a need to attack. He started vomiting in the last few years of his life probably because he was under a lot of stress and didn't receive much affection after Lesley and I left home.
Then Tigger learned all of Kitty's bad habits only he wasn't half as good of a hunter as Kitty.
I was really heartbroken when I heard they had been put to sleep. I went and cried in the studio art lab while I beveled my copper plate for an intaglio printing. Then that night, Lesley, Margaret and I went to Leatherby's in Provo and shared a sundae in their honor.
Even when you have the cat from hell, you still love them and that is what I love about this show. Nightmare cats are only that way because you don't speak the same language- cats will tell you exactly what they need and we just need to listen. Isn't that the way with everything in life? We just need to listen and respond.

Sent from my iPhone

1 comments:

Margaret said...

i remember that sad day and i also remember when tigger was just a tiny kitty and would bite our toes at the breakfast table.