CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 29, 2014

Change 2014

I didn't do any of my new year resolutions this year (except I'm almost close to keeping my goal of posting 104 blog posts in 2014); I didn't read 12 books, nor was I a vegetarian for a month. I did read some management books like From Good to Great, The Nordstrom Way of Doing Business, Crucial Conversations, and the Perfect Phrase book. My favorite management book that I read this years is Who Moved My Cheese. It has been out for a while and I have seen it sitting in the library at my parents house but I never actually read it until this past Spring.
I was an hour early to work and I had been carrying around this book just waiting for a time when I could read it. For those of you that have not read it, it is basically about change and the different ways people handle it. There is the person who chases after change, the one who sits there and refuses to recognize that change has happened, the one who wants to change but doesn't know how, and the who reluctantly changes because what they are doing now is not working. I think most people fall into the last category. I want to be someone who chased after change because we learned grow so much from change.
This year has been a year of change for me professionally. Actually the past two years have been full of change. I changed my career, I got promoted, I got several new managers, I got to travel, I got mono, I got a new job, etc... and I have never been happier.
Mono has been a catalyst of change for me. I physically could not continue on in my physically demanding job so I changed jobs (yay for promotions!!!). I had to drink more water since juice and soda pop burned my throat and now I no longer drink soda every day. I had to realize that it is okay to say no and to limit myself so I could recuperate. Now granted, I never took a sick day and worked 40-50 hours a week the entire time I felt ill and all I really wanted to do was lay on the couch and sleep, or lay in my car and sleep, or at the dinner table and sleep (I'm seeing a pattern here). What I'm trying to say is change is scary but it has brought so much good in to my life. I want to be a person that is ready for change and is willing to chase after my "cheese" or motivation.
Here is to more change in 2015!!

Sent from my iPhone

0 comments: