CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Hawaii, Day 7


Day 7: Friday, May 9, 2014
Today was our last full day in Hawaii- sad face. But I kept thinking: don't frown because it's over, smile that it happened.
I got up early and was the first person to get a wristband for the pool. Then I took a walk around the lagoon to get some great early morning pictures of the beach and Aulani. Les and Val met me at the lazy river around 9 and then we swam, rode water slides, swam, napped, went to a pool party with Mikey, Minnie, and Goofy, and swam some more. I tried their shave ice one more time and was very specific about what/how I wanted it and it was much better, not Matsumoto's or Waiola good but much better than it was before. 
We got back to the room around 3:30 and we all got ready to go to the Paradise Cove Luau. This was a highlight of the trip for me. The luau was just down the road from Aulani so we walked there and got there just in time for the doors to open at 5 pm. They had stations where you could make lei bracelets, flower/banana leaf crowns and bracelets, get a Polynesian tattoo, play games, and throw spears. Spear throwing was a lot harder than it looked but I was able to hit the target on my first try (even most of the men couldn't do it) and Cam hit the bullseye on his first throw but it bounced off. He stuck the bullseye on his second try and Vickie got the whole thing on video- yay Cameron!!! We took a canoe ride too and took pictures of the only sunset we saw in Hawaii. Our tickets came with two free cocktails but they had several non-alcoholic drinks available- the best being PiƱa Coladas. So delicious!!! 
The dinner buffet started at 7 and it was delicious. I actually ate some fish (still don't like it but I keep trying), but the kalua pork was super flavorful and the fried chicken was crispy. Desserts were almost gone by the time I got to it but the chocolate cake actually tasted like chocolate and I really enjoyed the vanilla and chocolate pudding. The Haupia could've tasted more like coconut but it was still alright. 
After dinner there was this great hula show even though I couldn't see very well with this giant man sitting down the table who blocked my view. They even threw in some Samoan fire knife throwing and Tahitian drum dancing. It was a really fun show.
We walked back to Aulani and I promptly got ready for bed and fell right asleep and forgot to journal so I am writing this the very next morning, right when I woke up at 8 AM






Sent from my iPhone

0 comments: