CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 24, 2011

Cass Barney and the Midvale Journal

http://www.midvalejournal.com/pages/full_story/?id=5050&type=Articles&numitems=1&startitem=0&showimages=1

 

Check out the link- I am quoted in an article about the Cass Barney show we had at the Repartee Gallery back in November 2010!!!

Cass is coming for another show Saturday February 12th from 6-8 PM and she is debuting her latest originals. She is collaborating with a jewelry designer and painting these gorgeous necklaces in portraits and you buy the necklace when you purchase the original. So you get to wear the jewelry in the portrait, thereby becoming part of the artwork itself- Pretty much BRILLIANT!! I know that when I have walked through the National Portrait Gallery in London, I always found a painting where I wish the replica of the jewelry was sold in the gift shop- well now it sort of is!!

 

You can check out these portraits in progress on Cassandra’s blog:

http://churningsandburnings.blogspot.com/

 

 

2 comments:

M said...

You're famous! And I love that you are quoted saying "feminist." It's so you! :)

alli said...

Thanks M!!!
I've missed talking about art in a theoretical context since my job requires a more formalist approach.