CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Saturday Seething (part 12 of a 444 part series)

It is “Happy New Year!!”  NOT “Happy New Years!!”

 

Whew- now that I have that off my chest, let us get down to the nitty gritty: New Year Resolutions.

 

My BFF has inadvertently on-purpose started a resolution battle on her blog: www.strokedtolife.wordpress.com

 

My resolutions for 2010 were:

  1. Stop talking negatively about my job (that lasted about an hour)
  2. Blog 100 posts (successfully completed on 12/25/10)
  3. Have more fun (which totally rocked!!!!)

 

Now usually I try not to make resolutions on the principle that they only serve to remind you of your failures but last year I really felt compelled to not only think about goals but to vocalize them as well.

Having more fun really was FUN!! We went to plays, ballets, saw a variety of films, tried new restaurants, made new friends (thanks Jenny!!!), purchased fun art with fun frames, went on a cruise, and went to Europe (again, thanks Jenny!!).

This year, I want to continue that focus to have fun so I am really going to try to go to my ward activities (and be nice/social), travel (yay for vacation time at work finally kicking in!!), and make my friends and family a priority once again (the only bummer in 2010 was being a workaholic).

 

This year my resolutions are:

  1. Get a hobby outside of work (or anything possibly related to work)
  2. Read a book once a month (I am taking suggestions- *hint hint*)
  3. Make a quilt (piece, hand quilt, and bind)

 

So if 2010 was Having More Fun, then 2011 will be Developing My Talents

 

Cheers to the New Year!!!!!

 

 

7 comments:

B&K said...

Haha Oh my goodness I just realized I've been saying "Happy new Years" and it IS kinda annoying :-) Are you on goodreads.com? If not you should totally join, that's where I get all of my book ideas. Happy New Year!

alli said...

Speedy commenter Bekah!! And with a new baby too!!!
I am on goodreads but I rarely log-in. Thanks for the great tip and I'll check it out (still need a book for January).

alli said...

PS I hope I didn't offend any one with my opening rant: it's just grammar, the new year is singular so no "s" required :)

Anonymous said...

Check you out, you're totally on top of your post for the New Year. I'm looking forward to contributing to you developing your talents. I can't wait to see what you do!
Loves!

Lesley said...

Alli! You stole my resolutions again this year but I also added save buckets of money to my list. Oh, and reach my goal weight. This is going to be a fun year!

Margaret said...

I just left you a nice long comment and then bam I don't know where it went...arrg. Anyway. So you want to travel more? Come to Kauai with me and Kirk this April! We just booked it last night. I found reasonable prices and have heard it's heavenly. We would love your company and whoever else you can drag with you. The more the merrier and cheaper if you split the cost.

Margaret said...

I just left you a nice long comment and then bam I don't know where it went...arrg. Anyway. So you want to travel more? Come to Kauai with me and Kirk this April! We just booked it last night. I found reasonable prices and have heard it's heavenly. We would love your company and whoever else you can drag with you. The more the merrier and cheaper if you split the cost.