CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Saturday Seething (part 19 of a 444 part series)

I love giving away free prints but I hate people.

 

When my sister Haley was in the gallery yesterday doing some framing for her birthday, a woman came in asking for a free print (sadly the prints had not arrived yet) and then let her son destroy my moulding corner display saying it was a “puzzle”- I really didn’t think any thing of it because it happens on a daily basis but Haley commented after the woman left and it got me thinking.  

I have Saturday Seethed about this before, but I am always shocked by people’s sense of entitlement and the tendency to be rude and demanding.

We have a new print for March but to be green we are reusing the fliers from last month until they run out before we use the new ones. Well a woman has already come up with the flier and demanded she get the free print from last month b/c she doesn’t like the one for March. I really don’t think it is “false advertizing” because the flier does not say “you will get the print pictured on this flier” it just says “come upstairs to get a free print”. Even if you don’t like the print for this month, you could say “it’s nice but no thank you” instead of throwing a fit like a toddler.

 

I love my job, but I hate (some/most) people. I love it when I get to frame with a client. I love when a Bishop comes to get art for his office. I love it when clients call me after they get the art home and tell me how much it has changed the feeling in that room.  I love it when people walk in the gallery and actually look at the art instead of walking through as if in a speed race. I love it when parents bring their kids in and teach them about Jesus through the art. I love it when people come in looking for a particular piece and we have it. I love being able to answer questions about art; when people come asking “you know that picture of Jesus?” and I can happily answer “Yes, I do”

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love, love that "I Hate People" poster. Is there anyway I can get it printed on a t-shirt?

Lesley said...

Yes, then we could sell the t-shirts to only the people we do like!

alli said...

So we'll make like 3 shirts total? :)