CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday Seething (part 20 of a 444 part series)

Telethons are the most annoying part of Public Television.
1. I know the telethons are very important as they survive on donations in order to provide quality programing but why are the "host" always so obnoxious?! As a sales person, I find them irritating. They are so falsley perky and say the most idiotic things like "oh, I just love the sound of phones ringing!"- BLAH!!!

2. The breaks always come at the most inconvenient time where all you really want to do is change the channel but at the same time you really want to see the next part of the show they are broadcasting. Plus, they show really amazing shows for the telethons like Anne of Green Gables, or tonight they had 2 episodes of Lark Rise to Candleford and Doc Martin. Why don't they show boring shows like American Masters or that documentary they have been playing over and over on the Panama Canal?! Or even a Ken Burns WWII show- I would gladly welcome a telethon break during that program so I could at least have a bathroom break.

3. I always feel kind of guilty b/c I have never donated and probably will never donate to PBS (my tax $ already goes (or went, however it turns out in Washington!!) to Public Broadcasting) but I watch KBYU, Create, and KUED 99% of my TV watching time. I love it!! I love Masterpiece, Nova, Rick Steves Europe, America's Test Kitchen, Knit and Crochet Now, Everyday Foods, Travels and Traditions, Globe Treker, all the BBC shows they broadcast like Doctor Who, MI-5, Lark Rise to Candleford, Land Girls, Manor House, and even Doc Martin.
I know I should donate b/c I truly do enjoy their services and I would probably die without PBS which is why I feel guilty. It's like eating Lemonheads as I am planning my RS lesson on living a healthy life, or working out at the gym for an hour then getting an Iceberg milkshake on your way home.

So because of annoying hosts, annoying breaks during great shows, and annoying guilt, PBS telethons are annoying!!!

Sent from my iPhone

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Too true Alli, too true.

Beach Girl said...

I completely agree with you!

Anonymous said...

LOL-- this post totally brightened my day! I agree with you completely---telethons are lame!

tabchoirfam said...

If you can believe it, they didn't even break the telethon streak for the midnight hours. 2,3,4 in the morning, they were still asking for money and showing the most boring shows on investing money or existential thinking. Yuck! Yes, Lauren is still getting nummy at 2,3 or 4 in the morning!