CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

I love Easter Sunday and this year was pretty great, except we all missed Lesley (some more than others, but that's neither here nor there).
I loved that the girls made the centerpieces... ... that decorated the tables.
Then we had a great Easter Egg Hunt, this year without real eggs (yay!), except I really missed dying a million of them, but I helped Ashley dye a few last night. She had to make one with everyone's name on it with the magic of crayon :) Even little Aaron understood the goal of the hunt and it was so great to see him crawl after eggs, pick them up, and put them in his bag, with the help of his mommy of course to dodge the pinecones!



After all the plastic candy-filled eggs had been snatched up, all the kids played on the swing set and jumped on the tramp. I hope their mommy's didn't mind them getting all dirty in their nice clothes, but they had fun, which is what it's all about, right?

We even put Jack and Aaron in a swing together and they looked like Siamese Twins! LOL
We all had a blast.



Then we all went inside and the girls watched Nightmare Before Christmas and the boys played in the playroom kitchen. Evan made me muffins and cookies for breakfast; what a sweetheart!! Aaron just kept putting all the food in is mouth, which reminds me that I need to get a can of lysol!

It was a great Easter because I got to spend time with the ones I love and remembering our Savior's sacrifice, triumph, and abundant mercy on this precious day.

Love to all :)

11 comments:

Beach Girl said...

We had a great day! I love your pictures. Our camera is out of commision, so please share your pics with us!

BTW, which twin are you? Lesley or Allison. After all these years, I can't tell you apart!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. The decorations were beautiful. I'm glad that you got to spend time with your family. BTW your nails look fabulous!

art history alli said...

Why Thank You for the compliment!! I have the fortune of having the bestest friend in the world and we had the best day ever last Thursday :)

I am Alli, even though someone yesterday kept comparing me to Lesley. Apparently I'm scum and useless.

Lesley- YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE ME ALONE ON EASTER

Margaret said...

I'm dying to know! It's looks like you had a great Easter, I'm jealous, I would love to spend the holidays with my family. When does Lesley get back? She's been gone for a while.

Anonymous said...

I'm back! I'm sorry about missing Easter this year.
Las Vegas was fun but it didn't feel like Easter at all. We had an egg hunt in the hotel room and that as all; no new dresses, no family, and no church. We did go to the Bellagio for a brunch buffet but it was not a special Easter one, just the normal buffet.
Vegas is much more fun with my wonderful family. yes we go cheeply but I enjoy being with them a lot more. We laugh more :)
Thanks for everyones love and support with my illness. I was only sick for less than a day. It was my first case with food poisening and hopefully my last.
Missed you all!
-Lesley

tabchoirfam said...

The picture of you with Ashley is a treasure. Your telephone takes great pics! Thanks for taking some of my boys!

art history alli said...

No problem. All the photos came from my phone except for the ones that Cameron took.
It was a great Easter, well as soon as my sisters and brothers, and nieces and nephews showed up, rescuing me from the monster, I mean mom :)
Honestly, she wasn't that bad, but just gave me a hard time.

art history alli said...

No problem. All the photos came from my phone except for the ones that Cameron took.
It was a great Easter, well as soon as my sisters and brothers, and nieces and nephews showed up, rescuing me from the monster, I mean mom :)
Honestly, she wasn't that bad, but just gave me a hard time.

vickiemariko said...

Cute Easter pics! I have still have a food hangover.

Jenny said...

Alli... So easter looked fun!!! oh how i wished we had little ones around... It would be so much better... My family all went to Palm Springs but me and greg and Pam... Pam and Greg have their own family so i went up to idaho with my roommate to have easter with her family... We had a blast...!!! Well I hope things are going good for you!!

p.s. Where was Lesley for easter???

art history alli said...

Lesley was in Las Vegas with her employers on spring break. She ate at the Bellagio Buffet for dinner and an older gentleman gave her a VIP pass to the front of the line. She's hot :)