CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

SPRING


I wish it looked like this outside, but I guess we still have to wait a little longer even though Easter is next weekend. At least it's possible to enjoy the outdoors, even if it still looks like winter outside, just without the snow. It will come; it always does. I love the spring because of the strong symbolism of the Resurrection. The Earth dies in the winter and then comes back alive in the spring. It is hopeful and fresh. Everything comes back new, like winter never happened, and it happens every year. No matter how long winter seems to last, we always know that spring will come and the grass will turn green, the trees will bud and flowers will pop up out of the ground. It is magical and exciting. Each day gets warmer and more green. It is wonderful!

Easter is my favorite holiday of all time. I love the candy, I love how we get to spend the day, and most of all I love the reason why we celebrate. I just wish it wasn't so early this year. Which reminds me, I need to go stock up on Cadbury Mini Eggs to get me through the rest of the year :)
Happy Easter everyone!

10 comments:

Beach Girl said...

I love this post! Thank you for sharing your sweet testimoney with us all.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love that you put your thoughts here! I hear them but it's fun to read them.
P.S. What's with kalar? I wouldn't click on it.

art history alli said...

I totally deleted that comment without even checking it out. I used to get comments like that all the time when my blog was new but it's been a while since I've got a comment from someone I didn't know.

tabchoirfam said...

I love the hydrangea picture. My favorite flower - well next to the peony of course! What a thoughtful, appropriate posting. I guess they don't all have to be expressions of venting or frustration or humor. The deep ones are actually the most important.

vickiemariko said...

Spring, Spring, where for art thou, dang it! We went out tonight and the whole time during dinner it was snowing. I think winter lasts until about May. But I'm hopeful Spring will reappear in time for Easter.

art history alli said...

Yup- I woke up this morning and it looks like we're back to January. I wanted to cry.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. It is so retro felling. Soon we will be complaining of it being to hot this summer.

Steve

Margaret said...

I love Easter too. I can't believe Utah hasn't started to warm up yet. I remember it being warm and sunny on my birthday in 2006. It better at least be sunny when I visit in April.

art history alli said...

Well it was beautiful this time last year when you got married. We didn't even need jackets or anything :)
Winter is just refusing to leave this year. It's snowed and snowed and I guess will keep snowing, even though now it's finally all melted :)