CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Disneyland Day 1 (of 3)



We arrived Tuesday around noon, so of course we spent the afternoon at the beach! :) It was rather chilly with the wind blowing, but not so bad when you got closer to the water. Lesley kept bundled up, while Cam, Valie, and I built sandcastles and hunted for shells. I got in the water when Vickie joined in the fun, but I could never commit to getting all the way in. I think Vickie said it best when she said, "I prefer seaweed on my shashimi." There was a lot of kelp washing up on the beach and it really freaks me out :)



Then we went to Curry House for dinner and headed over to Downtown Disney. It was pretty chilly, but way fun to get some Disney to prepare us for the next day.



We started the day by heading to the Princess Fantasy Faire to meet Jasmine, Cinderella, and Snow White. Valie and Ashley were in awe; it was a magical experience.



Then we went on a couple of rides like the Teacups, Matterhorn, Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear.






We had fun meeting characters as well.





Then we headed over to California Adventure and got fast passes for Soarin' Over California. Then we went over to the Bug's Life Land, had a yummy turkey sandwich for lunch, watched the Play Parade, then headed back to Disneyland.




We went on Space Mountain again, Autopia, Pirates, the Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and ended the night on Splash Mountain.


3 comments:

vickiemariko said...

Wow Alli you are speedy. Hooray for disneyland! I slept 11 1/2 hours last night :)

tabchoirfam said...

I love the gold mickey ears. I wore ears the last time I went in 1989!

alli said...

I know!! I saw the photos at Grandma's on Mother's Day last week and that is what possessed me to buy them when I went to the Disney outlet store the next day! You're my inspiration! :) LOL
I'll send them to you when you go- cause you know you will. They are a ton cheaper. But maybe you could be as lucky as us and get free ears from the Dream Team (well I'm not sure what their offical title is, but they are apart of the Year of a Million Dreams and were handing out ear hats in Disney California.) It was a blast but I wish you could have comed and joined us on Wednesday. Evan would freak out and ride the train around the park all day!