CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Disneyland Day 3 (of 3)... well technically it was 4 days, but I only went to 3 :)



We spend our Friday in a very, very, very crowded theme park.
We got fast passes to as many rides as we could, but it proved to be difficult. We went on Alice and Wonderland and Storybookland as soon as the park opened.

Then we rode Indiana Jones again and Space Mountain (if you're counting that makes it 4 times in three days on that particular ride- yay!). Then we headed over to California Adventure and caught up with Cam and Vickie. Since it was over 100 degrees according to my phone, we met them at the fast pass counter at Grizzly Rapids- which we couldn't ride for 3 more hours. Then we went on Mullholland Pass (it's like a wild mouse kind of roller coaster). Lesley and I went as single riders as Cam and Vickie already had a fast pass and guess who was their single rider?... Lesley!! It just worked out perfectly since the same thing happened when Les road Soarin' as a single rider and ended up next to Haley and Kristen. How lucky is she? VERY! LOL






Then we went over to the Hollywood Backlot part of the park and saw a live production of Aladdin. It was a perfect first play for Valie to see as it was only 40 minutes and plus it was air-conditioned!! A huge plus in the sweltering heat.



After that we got fast passes for the Tower of Terror, went to Grizzly Rapids and only got a little soaked. It was a great way to cool off and the fast passes were totally worth it- you just walk right on the ride.

We were all a little worried that we may push Valie too much with all the rides and Tower of Terror might scare the pants of her. Boy is that girl brave!! It ended up being her favorite ride and as soon as the ride was over she said, "My bum fell off the seat!" She wanted to go again and again. When she told GiGi about it when she picked us up from the airport she said, "we said goodbye to the real world [and entered the Twilight Zone]." I added the last part- that is the line from the ride as you wave at yourself in a mirror that changes to be all freaky. Well Val is a freaky girl and I am so proud of that! Here is the photo- you can't see her face since the person in front of her has their hands up- but she had tons of fun!



Then Les, Cam and I went on Screamin' California and right as we were about to be put in a row to get on the roller coaster- it breaks and they close the ride down temporarily. I'm not sure how long we waited there, and right when Cam gave up to go home to go swimming with Val and Vickie- it started working and we got to ride. I loved it, but I think a little music would have increased the fun potential exponentially. Les and I wandered around the Pier, then went over to Disneyland to get a hot dog at the Corner Cafe, sat on the curb on Main Street and waited for the parade. I ran to get a yogurt parfait at the Bengal Grill in Adventureland, and get a Dole Whip Float outside of the Tiki Room. I got back just in time for the parade- it was fun, but I was kind of bored to tell you the truth. After the parade we went past Snow White's Grotto and wishing well.





We walked the back way to Frontierland and then met up with Cameron and Vickie. We road Pirates again since Val had fallen asleep. Then she woke up during the ride and was totally with it and alert. I think that girl has two speeds, on and off.
We then went over to California Adventure to see the old Light Parade. It is still how I remember it; even the music just brings back feelings of childhood!! I love the Magic of Disney :)
Then we rushed back to Disneyland as the fireworks were going off to get a spot for Fantasmic. Long story short, we got reserved seating. Then we went over to Splash Mountain, but the wait was 45 min so we went to Haunted Mansion- it is a very effective ride at night! LOL Everything was WAY TOO CROWDED so we headed back "early" at 11:30 pm.
And so ended my Disneyland trip. The next day, Lesley upgraded her 3-day pass to a 4-day and had tons-o-fun with Cam, Vickie and Valie while I stayed in the hotel and worked on my thesis-yuck. Oh well, we can't all "leave the real world" for too long :)



Thank you Cameron and Vickie for an AMAZING vacation that I'm sure I'll never forget.
xoxo- Alli

10 comments:

vickiemariko said...

Alas, back to "the real world". Laundry, yardwork, cooking, and cleaning, boo hoo. Oh well, vacation does give me a new fresh approach to everyday life :)

Margaret said...

Sounds like you had a blast! I can't wait to take a fun family vacation to Disneyland, it definitely is magical. You took so many great pictures, thanks. Welcome back to reality!

alli said...

I love to look through old photos so I feel it is my duty to take photos for everyone (or myself) to look at years to come. :) It's actually pretty selfish motivations if you think about it! LOL

Anonymous said...

Ya, thanks Cam and Vickie!

Ok, so I got a big hat to keep the sun off my face, and it totaly worked because I did not get sunburnt BUT my hair looked horable in all the pictures (with some exceptions)! Normaly I wouldn't care this much about my hair in photos but I sort of got my hair cut just so that I would look cute in Disneyland :(

Oh well, maybe next time I go on vacation everything will work to my hair advantage! LOL!
-Lesley

Beach Girl said...

We had a great time with you all on Wed. Thanks for such a fun and memborable time! We have the best family ever.

Beach Girl said...

We had a great time with you all on Wed. Thanks for such a fun and memborable time! We have the best family ever.

alli said...

Yes we do!!

B&K said...

Oh my goodness- it looked like you had a fantastic time!!! Haha- I think my bum fell off when I rode Tower of Terror too :-) Glad you had a great time!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you finally were able to take a much needed a vacation. I love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you all like my detailed blog of our SoCal excursion. I keep my blog as a sort of online journal- like an electronic scrapbook :)
Thanks for letting me share my memories with you.
-Alli