CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 41

So to recap: we have been attempting to toilet train Millie and Fiona. They have been using the bowl under the toilet seat regularly without accidents (a small but important victory!!). The last 20 days have so far been the hardest in this process. It is also the least talked about in the books and articles we have read. I honestly feel abandoned by my research. I have seen several blog commenters have this same problem but no answers or support. I must admit it was nice to know we are not the only ones to struggle with this step.
I think we have progressed as far as we can with the bowl- the cats are using proper stance 90% of the time- but they do not like it when we try to decrease the amount of litter. So the new tactic is replace the bowl with plastic wrap under the seat with a hole cut in the middle with just an inch or less of litter. This way they can get used to the sound of going in water.
I really hope this works because I'm not sure how much longer I can handle my bathroom being a mess all the time!!!

Sent from my iPhone

1 comments:

Lesley said...

I know the girls will get it eventually. I hope sooner than later.