CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday Seething (part 16 of a 444 part series)

I have a hard time understanding how people can be SO rude when you’re giving them something for free.  

The entitlement mentality of people these days astounds me. Out of 200 free prints given away this week, only about 20 customers have shown some gratitude and thanked us for the free print. I thought the percentage of happy print receivers would be more than 20%.

We teach our children to say “Please” and “Thank You” and yet how often adults forget to use those same words.

The longer I work retail, the more I realize a little courtesy goes a long way.

I have a challenge for you all: the next time you are getting samples at Costco, make sure to smile and say “Thanks” to the workers. I am sure it will make their jobs more enjoyable instead of just grabbing the first sample you see and scarfing it down before moving onto the next sample station.

Happy Saturday!!!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Too true. We all should express our gratitude more.

alli said...

Oh wow- the level of peoples anger astounds me. I just had an 80 year old go off on me because I wanted to take down her name so we can track who is coming in. You'd think I would have asked for her SS # and a blood sample!!! Seriously- she yelled at me for a good 5 minutes while her friend stood there glaring at me.
All she could have done was just say she prefer to not give her name and I would have made one up for her- but no. It's people like her that make me not want to give anything away- ever. Nothing is free in this world- you give a little to get a little

Jenny said...

I agree with this :) Im always nice to the sample people at Costco... Heck I even sit there and listen to their whole spill so they don't feel like they are talking to air... ha ha...

alli said...

Good for you Jenny!!! I love listening to the schpeel and usually I buy b/c it's so good- like the yum red pepper ravioli they sampled last week. If we hadn't stayed to listen and chat with the sampler, we would have missed out :)