CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Saturday Seething (part 15 of a 444 part series)

Cake Pops are so much more difficult to make than the Internet recipes made them sound. I started at 11:30 AM and by 6:30 PM I only had 8 (yes 8!!!!!) finished. The most difficult part was dipping them in melted chocolate- they wouldn't stay on the lollipop sticks and would fall a part even after freezing them.
Lesley stepped in and suggested we crumb coat them or enrobe them like you do when you're making chocolates. Well after they were all lightly coated with chocolate, Haley suggested we freeze them and dip them later. There is a whole tray of little cake balls in Haley's freezer that I need to go over and dip- I almost want to cry out of discouragement.
I really wanted to try something new and get all home-make-y but I'm such a failure in the kitchen and probably always will be (except for my mad mashed potato skills). One positive thing is that they taste pretty good, well let's say they taste better than they look.

PS- the pink sprinkle ones were dipped by Miss Ashley. She was very helpful and supportive. She had great ideas about how to get the chocolate to melt and how to dip them.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

wow, totally impressed that you made those. i've always thought they looked pretty dang difficult, delicious, but difficult. save one of those eight for me please.

Anonymous said...

Oh yay, you made them! I've been wondering how that was going to turn out! I think they look great!

valiecameron said...

Mmmmm cake and chocolate. They look cute!

alli said...

Thanks- I finished dipping the rest of them last night but didn't even attempt to put them on sticks. They do taste good- they get better the more you eat them :)